Sunday, May 23, 2010

Training Review 7

This week's weather was a bit more cooperative. Though the temperature and humidity are starting to climb, I didn't have to abort any planned runs due to thunderstorms. The temperature and humidity is something I'm just going to have to live with.

I'm now 4 weeks into my low-carb/high-fat diet and energy levels are doing great. My focus over the next several months is on improving my overall aerobic base, so I've broken out my heart rate monitor to make sure my heart rate remains around 75% MHR. Yesterday's long run was a key indicator that I've got a ways to go. This was my first 20-miler in over a year. Early on I was able to maintain a steady 135-140 HR. However, around the 11-12 mile point my HR started to climb into the 160's even though I was maintaining a constant pace. I guess I'll just have to monitor this over the next couple of weeks to see if my overall endurance is improving or if it looks like I may be over training.

Here is last week`s training review:

Monday: full rest

Tuesday: Run 62 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Wednesday: full rest

Thursday: Run 59 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Friday: full rest

Saturday: Run/Walk 3 hrs and 41 mins on slightly rolling terrain (Added a bit of Fartlek during the final 2 miles, just for the fun of it.)

Sunday: Run 62 mins on slightly rolling terrain

No comments:

Post a Comment