Monday, April 19, 2010

Training Review 2

It's been an interesting week. Took the week off work, simply because I needed the mental break and spent most of the week working on hard landscaping in the garden. That ended up being a heavier workout than any cross-training I could have imagined. Then on Thursday headed up to Chicago for the Bryan's (son) graduation from Navy Bootcamp. He's now off to Monterey, CA for two years of technical training.

With the return from Chicago on Saturday, I shifted the long run to Sunday. By the time I got out on the road, the wind had picked up a bit and I ended up speed walking more than I would have liked, but I got the miles in and at a decent pace.

Here is last week`s training review:

Monday: full rest

Tuesday: Run 56 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Wednesday: Run 56 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Thursday: Run 54 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Friday: full rest

Saturday: Run 56 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Sunday: Run/walk 2 hours and 40 mins on rolling terrain

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    I follow your blog, and I wanted to share with you these great socks I found for post workout. They are called Athletic Recovery Compression Socks. They help your legs recovery faster after a hard workout. The company's website is: http://www.athleticrecoverysock.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recco. My calves haven't been bothering my yet, this time. But I have had problems in the past, I'll look into them.

    ReplyDelete