Sunday, May 2, 2010

Training Review 4

Another week down, weekly mileage is back to 40+ mpw and the body has not complaining. I hope this remains a sign of good things over the next few months, especially with the changes I've been making to my diet. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been keeping track of everything I eat and I was amazed at the bad dietary habits I've picked back up over the past couple of years.

In order to remedy this and to encourage the body to use fat more as an energy source, I'm incorporating some of the ideas from the Primal Blueprint into my daily lifestyle. The one that is going to prove the most interesting is elimination of all processed sugars and grains. I'll be changing from a high-carb/low-fat diet to a high-fat/low-carb diet while maintaining my calorie intake.

The one exception, I will be making is the use of energy gels for the long runs. But I have a feeling the next couple of weeks are going to be interesting from an overall energy perspective. However, I also think I'll be better for it a month from now.

Stay tuned and see if I feel the same way in 30 days.



Here is last week`s training review:

Monday: full rest

Tuesday: Run 54 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Wednesday: Run 87 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Thursday: Run/Walk 60 mins on slightly rolling terrain while fighting 25 - 45 mph winds

Friday: 1.5 hrs light cross-training (Yard Work)

Saturday: Run 2 hrs 23 mins on slightly rolling terrain

Sunday: Run 55 mins on slightly rolling terrain

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You run just about every day. That's impressive. Good job!!!

    When I ran every day, the spouse started to object a little bit, so it's about every other day for me.

    Thanks for keeping us posted on the change in diet. I'd love to know how that goes. I just decided to stop trying to lose weight. This is the size I'm supposed to be. I'm just gonna eat clean and train. If I lose weight great. If not, fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried running 6 days a week before, but the body couldn't handle it. I've found the two on one off three on one off works well for me and gives me enough recovery time. We'll see how it goes when my weekly mileage gets near 80 =).

    I know what you mean about the spousal unit complaining about the amount of time. That's why I try to get most of my runs in early in the morning or early afternoon before she gets home from work.

    ReplyDelete